Terms and Conditions
We offer a free service for storing and managing UK company tax details, general information about the Making Tax Digital initiative in the UK, and a pay-as-you-go service for submitting Value Added Tax returns to Her Majesty Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- Means any fee paid by Users to access and use the Services or part of the Services.
- Permitted Use
- Means the use of the Services as set out in Clause 2.
- Means the forms, functionality, information and other items provided by the Company as a whole or parts through this Website each of which is made available subject to these Terms and Conditions;.
- Means Inviso Ltd. t/a #TaxUK, registered company number 05230436. References to "we", "us" and "our" should all be read as referring to Inviso Ltd.
- Means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by the Company and acting in the course of their employment. References to "you", "your" and "yours" should all be read as referring to you as a User.
- Means the website that you are currently using (www.taxuk.org or www.taxuk.co) and any sub-domains thereof (e.g. ftp.taxuk.org) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
In order to use the Services, the User must register with a username and password and activate an account. The username must be a valid email address where the User will receive notifications related to the Services. If the User is a legal entity or business, the username must be a valid email address of the person registering on behalf of the legal entity or business and the User declares that he/she is duly authorized to bind such legal entity or business and that such legal entity or business shall be bound to these Terms and Conditions.
The User agrees to provide the mandatory information required for registration and also acknowledges that such information is true, complete and up to date. The User is solely responsible for keeping such information updated. Should the User provide false, outdated or incomplete information, or should the Company have reasons to suspect it, the Company reserves the right to suspend or cancel the User's account.
The User must protect and keep the account password confidential and must not disclose it to third parties. The User must neither allow other Users to access the Services through the User's account nor use the account of another User to access the Services.
The User is responsible for all operations carried out through the User's account through any device. If the User suspects that another User is using his account, he/she/it should immediately inform the Company.The Company may suspend or cancel the User's account if it considers that the User has breached these Terms.
Subject to the payment of any Fee where demanded and subject to the restrictions in Clause 4 below you shall be granted a non-exclusive perpetual licence to use the Services and any of the forms, information or other items therein for your own personal and/or business purposes.
Clause 3 is subject to the following exceptions and restrictions:
- You will not sell any of the Services to third parties.
- You will not distribute any of the forms, information or other items contained within the Services to third parties for sale or resale (or free of charge) whether as part of a package or as a separate product.
- You will not use the Services for any purpose which rivals or competes with the Company. In the event of a dispute between a User and the Company it shall be for Company to define "rival" and/or "competing" purposes.
- You will not rent, lease, sub-licence or loan any of the Services to third parties.
- The copyright and all other applicable intellectual property rights in the Services remain the sole property of the Company.
- All restrictions in this Clause shall apply to the Services, any and all parts thereof, and any derivative works created by you using the same.
- All licences, consents and restrictions contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be limited to the normal duration of copyright in literary works as defined in the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988, Section 12 (the life of the author, plus 70 years).
All pay-as-you-go Fees appearing on this Website are inclusive of Value Added Tax.
All transactions processed through this Website are handled by Stripe. We do not collect, process or store any payment details. We do not accept responsibility for any problems you may have in making payment through Stripe.
Upon the successful completion of a payment, the relevant Services item will be delivered. Should the service fail to be delivered you will receive a credit to adjust the data and repeat the action. For example, if a VAT return submission fails for any reason (including failure to provide the service by HMRC) you will be given a credit to amend the return if necessary and resubmit it.
The User acknowledges and agrees that he/she/it uses the Website and its Services at the User's own risk and under the User's responsibility and, therefore, the Company does not accept any responsibility for misuse or use in breach of these Terms.
The User will be responsible for any damages to the Company resulting from the User's use of the Website and the Services in breach of the Terms and accepts to indemnify the Company and its directors, employees, agents and representatives from any liability in which they may incur as a result of the User's breach of these Terms.
The Company does not warrant the availability or continuity of the Website or the Services, neither its reliability, quality, completeness, accuracy or whether they are fit for a specific purpose or activity.
As way of example and without limitation, the Company shall not be liable for any damages that may result from:
- Interruptions, viruses, technical problems, interferences, omissions, unavailability, power cuts, failure of the telecommunication networks or the User's equipment..
- Delays or unavailability of the Website and the Services due to deficiencies or traffic overload on the Internet, in the communication network or the electricity grid.
- Third-party actions.
- Unavailability of the Website and the Services due to maintenance or software updates.
- Any other event beyond the Company's direct control.
We will use reasonable endeavours to correct in a timely manner any defect in any Services item where we are made aware of such defect.
We will not be liable for any loss of any kind including lost profits or other consequential losses arising from your use or inability to use the Services or from errors or deficiencies in any Services item.
You should ensure that any Service acquired from the Company is appropriate and complete in all respects for its intended purpose. We give no representation or warranty that any Service will be fit for its intended purpose, useful to you or of satisfactory quality.
We will not be liable for any errors, omissions or fraudolent submission of data to HMRC. The accuracy of the calculations of tax due to HMRC and the submission of any relevant forms will be the entirely the responsibility of the User.
No liability shall attach to the Company, our directors or officers, our employees, or retained consultants for loss or damage of any nature suffered as a result of the use of any of the Services or for any errors or omissions in the contents of any form, information or other items.
We offer refunds for pay-as-you-go service payments that have not been used at our sole discretion. Any User wishing to receive a refund should contact us for further information.
9. Changes to the Website, the Services and these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change this Website, the Services and these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes.
10. Availability of the Website and the Services
We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of this Website resulting from any causes including, but not limited to, internet service provider equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
Failure by #TaxUK to enforce the performance of any provision in these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of the right to subsequently enforce that provision or any other provision. Such failure shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach and shall not constitute a continuing waiver.
In the event that one or more of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such provisions shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall be valid and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute relating to these Terms and Conditions shall fall within that jurisdiction.
The Company is not a legal practice and nothing on this website constitutes legal or other advice. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate and up to date but we do not guarantee that it follows all the latest tax laws and guidance from HMRC. In particular the information and forms are designed and offered in good faith only to provide a guide for common situations.
The Company may amend any form or other item or add, replace, or remove any form, or other item without notice. We provide the information on this website and its forms and other items without any express or implied representation or warranty.
If you have any questions concerning the appropriateness or use of any form or other item made available by The Company or the information contained on the website you must seek independent professional legal advice.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions The Company, its agents, employees, contractors and sub-contractors will not be liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any special, direct, or indirect loss, damage, cost, expense, claim, demand or liability, or any loss of profit, revenue or anticipated savings, arising directly or indirectly from any omission from, error or defect in, or unsuitability of, any information, form or other item available from #TaxUK or its website, or from the possession, publication, use of or reliance on any such form, information or other item, or for incorrect completion, alteration, use, filing of, or inability to use, any such form, information or other item.